Specialty Automated Vertical Carousels are designed to optimize unused vertical space for your specific application.
Automated Specialty Carousels
Wire, hose, cable, vinyl, tires, carpet, textiles, garments, bar stock and other rolled materials can be difficult to store efficiently using conventional storage options. Traditional storage methods for these products typically requires a very large storage footprint. With real estate within most facilities being at a premium, companies are continuingly looking for ways to reduce their storage footprint to make way for more revenue generating machinery. That’s why these automated specialty carousels are specifically designed for the storage and display of rolled and specialty products. They utilize unused vertical space while allowing for faster retrieval, easier access, enhanced safety, and improved ergonomics to keep your processes efficient and streamlined.
Challenges related to the storage of Rolled Goods & Specialty Products:
- Temperature: Rolled goods and specialty products often need to be stored in a controlled environment with air conditioning.
- Moisture: Without climate control, moisture can build up in rolled products and cause damage, deterioration, or waviness (in the case of material like vinyl and plastic). Also items should never be stored within direct contact of concrete floors or exterior walls to keep materials as dry as possible.
- Pressure/Crushing: When rolled materials and round items like tires are stored horizontally and stacked on top of each other, the combined weight of products on upper levels can damage or crush items on lower levels.
- Floor Space: Due to their shape and bulkiness, rolled materials can take up a lot of valuable floor space when stored on regular static racks.
- Difficult Access: Retrieval, especially for bulkier items, can be difficult and time-consuming. Employees spend extra time locating, loading, and unloading products, which may even require additional machinery like forklifts to retrieve.
- Safety & Ergonomics: Difficult retrieval processes also cause numerous health and safety issues. Retrieving heavy items can leave employees vulnerable to injury. Climbing ladders, steps, or operating forklifts and other equipment also increase the risk of accidents.
- Units can accommodate multiple product widths and diameters.
- Allows one person to do the work of multiple people.
- Automatic operation reduces search and retrieval time.
- Custom sizes are available.
- Easy loading and unloading.
- Improved ergonomics.
- Multi-tower and bridge options.
- Optional full enclosure for items that require extra security.
- Optional integrated measuring and cutting tools.
- Prevents damage from handling.
- Prevents injury from lifting.
- Product line integration with your existing system.
- Reduces the need for heavy machinery, forklifts, and ladders.
- Saves up to 80% of your current storage floor space.
- Security keypad prevents unauthorized use.
The Pan Carousel is a fully automated storage system that delivers product to the operator at an ergonomic height. The carousel recovers and average of 80% of your floor space by utilizing vertical space for storage, increasing inventory accuracy, providing greater security, and increasing workplace safety. Simple and intuitive controls easily interface with ERP and WMS systems to provide a fully integrated storage solution.
The Shelving Carousel is an automated vertical carousel that features free hanging carriers that rotate up and down to deliver product to the operator at an ergonomic height. The robust and reliable design makes this unit an ideal solution for manufacturing lines and other mission critical environments. Custom upgrades are also available for heavy duty, tailor made storage solutions for unique applications.
Sheet and Bar Stock Vertical Lift Systems
The Vertical Lift System (VLS) is an automated material handling and storage system designed for sheet metal and linear goods in industrial applications. The VLS saves floor space by utilizing overhead space, while implementing a goods-to-operator work flow. The VLS prevents material damage, increases workplace safety and improves productivity.
The Wire Carousel is an automated storage system that maximizes available storage by utilizing overhead space. It is designed for the storage of wire, cable, and other spooled products. The Wire Carousel stores a wide variety of different type spools and features an optional integrated cut/measured/rewind system for unparalleled control of your spooled wire.
The Textile Carousel is designed to effectively accommodate a wide variety of fabric rolls including woven, non-woven, knitted, synthetic, netting and technical fabrics in a broad range of widths, diameters and sizes. The automated system brings the desired roll to the operator’s level eliminating the need to manually handle textile rolls. The Textile Carousel is used in retail stores, manufacturing operations and warehouses. It may be commonly used as either a storage unit or integrated into production lines.
The Carpet Carousel is the industry leading storage and display solution for carpet and vinyl rolls. The semi-automated carousel rotates up and down at the push of a button to deliver the desired roll to the operator. Options include, a full line of cutting machines that integrate seamlessly with the carousel to create a complete storage, display, and cutting solution.